Chef/Partner Eric LeVine of Morris Tap & Grill, Randolph, NJ will be appearing in New Orleans in March, teaching two classes at Catersource and the Art of Catering Food: Appetizer Blitz!! 30 New Inspired Appetizers for Your Menu and Wrap It Up. Creative Appetizers Wrapped and Rolled. Get excited for the dynamic presence of Chef LeVine, who you will also be able to see on the tradeshow floor when he emcees the high energy DICED competition, Tuesday on the Catersource tradeshow floor.
In anticipation of his appearance, here are two recipes Chef LeVine provided in August 2016 at the Art of Catering Food, featuring sustainable seafood:
Shrimp Ceviche with Jalapeno Dust & Chili Crisp
25 ea mega prawns (shrimp) – head off, shell off (these special shrimp cook fast: 2-4 minutes)
4 cup tomato, diced (need tablespoons)
3 cup red onion, diced
3 ea jalapeno, diced
5 ea avocado
5 ribs celery, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 cup lime juice
Salt and pepper
10 ea 12” flour tortilla
2 T chili powder
1 cup olive oil
1 cup cilantro dust
1. Slice shrimp into 1/4” slices.
2. Combine tomato, red onion, jalapeno, celery, cilantro, lime juice.
3. Add shrimp.
4. Dice avocado.
5. Cut tortilla into 2”x3” piece.
6. Combine chili with oil, mix.
7. Brush tortilla with chili oil and bake until crisp.
8. Cool and reserve for service.
Shrimp Roll with Soy Paper and Kohlrabi
50 sheet soy paper
25 ea mega shrimp, quick poach and cooled, tail off, cut into strips
4 cups kohlrabi, fine julienne
2 cups total Sriracha, soy, mayo combined to your taste
1. Mix kohlrabi and slowly add Sriracha (enough to wet kohlrabi mix, but do not overdress).
2. Lay soy sheet on counter, lightly brush closest and furthest edges with dressing.
3. Place even amount of kohlrabi on edge of soy close to you.
4. Place shrimp piece on kohlrabi mix and roll.
5. Cut into 6 even pieces.
6. Top with a little dollop of Sriracha dressing and micro green.