YIELD: Serves 100
3 Tbsps green cardamom pods
4 each star anise
2 sticks cinnamon
4 cups basmati rice
15 qts whole milk
5 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups toasted chopped pistachios
2 1/2 cups golden raisins
100 “Edibles by Jack” cardamom five spice spoons
1lb granulated sugar
1 Sterno #50114 butane culinary torch
3 Sterno #50100 butane fuel cartridge
2 Fresh Origins containers of edible micro orchids
1. Place above ingredients in cheesecloth bag.
2. Cook above ingredients in a double boiler till it thickens.
3. Remove from heat. Add the following & stir well.
4. Chill Pudding.
5. Fill spoons, sprinkle with a thin layer of sugar and brulée before serving.
6. Garnish with Fresh Origins edible micro orchids.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Selden, Managing Partner/Executive Chef, Marcia Selden Catering & Event Planning, Stamford, CT as presented at the 2014 Art of Catering Food conference in Atlanta, GA.