National Croissant Day is coming up on January 30th!
Indulge in the menu possibilities with these recipes from General Mills Foodservice! Take it sweet or savory and plus-up the “wow” factor with these mouthwatering ideas.
Ham, Egg and Swiss Cruffin
Whipped eggs with ham, Swiss cheese and chives are piped into a Muffin-Shaped Croissant.
Ingredients for Assembly
- Thaw croissant dough, covered, either at room temperature 30-45 minutes or refrigerated overnight.
- Tuck sides of dough underneath to form a ball; place in greased jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake until deep golden brown and baked through; allow to cool in pan 60-90 minutes to retain shape then cool completely.
Method for Whipped Eggs
- Place whole eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water and lid; heat on high and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat once boiling and allow to sit and carry-over cook and additional 12-15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and place in ice bath.
- Peel off shell, rinse and add to food processor; add mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
- Blend for 30 seconds, stop and scraped down sides; blend an additional 30 seconds until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Stir together Whipped Eggs, diced ham, Swiss cheese, chives, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; add to a piping bag with a star tip.
- Carefully cut out a small hole in middle of each completely cooled croissant top; remove piece.
- Pipe approx. 2 oz (3 Tbsp) Whipped Egg filling into center of each croissant and serve cold.
Crispy Raspberry Hazelnut Chocolate Croissants
Turn croissants into crunchy, chocolatey bases for sweet open-faced sandwiches by baking them with a sheet pan on top. Experiment with other sweet toppings, or try using plain croissants with savory toppings.
- Place croissant dough on parchment-lined sheet pan; cover with parchment and thaw either at room temperature approx. 30 minutes until flexible or refrigerated overnight.
- Keep parchment on top of dough and add another sheet pan.
- Bake as directed until golden brown and dry to the touch; allow to cool 30-60 minutes with pan on top so croissants stay flattened.
- Top cooled croissant with 1 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread then pipe on 2 Tbsp whipped topping.
- Add approx. 4 (0.5 oz) fresh raspberries and dust with 1/4 tsp powdered sugar; serve immediately.