Let the Spotlight shine on you!
The annual Spotlights Awards recognize the best of the best in the event industry for outstanding work throughout the year. New in 2015, the awards are 100% merit-based, meaning your work is being solely judged by the Event Solutions Advisory board and a select panel of industry experts. Therefore, there is no longer a nomination or voting process involved with the awards process. You will simply enter your events for consideration as a finalist and winner in the categories of your choosing.
Entries for 2015 are now closed. Finalists will be announced in February.
PREPARING YOUR ENTRY
Because the Event Solutions Spotlights are focused on the best of 2014, entries should be focused on challenges, events and highlights that made this a stand-out year. You may enter as many categories as you deem fit for your accomplishments this year.
Your online entry will include:
• Contact information
• A description of your company; 250 words
• A description of the year – what made it unique, challenging, stand out; 500 words
• Three event profiles from the year
250 words each, up to 3 high resolution photos each (1 photo required); Client contact information for each event
• Three letters of recommendation. PDFs of letters from clients or creative partners you have worked with this year. Rising Star entrants can include letters from employers.
• Entry fee is $40 per submission
You will not be able to login and edit your entry so please prepare all required information beforehand. It is helpful to prepare your responses in a word doc or rtf file and then cut and paste copy into the given windows.
Candidates will be judged on a series of criteria that are assigned numerical values. The five entries that receive the highest scores in each category will become finalists.
Finalists will be notified by Event Solutions by February 9, 2015 and will be posted on catersource.com. Finalists will receive a logo to affix to their email signature and promotional materials. Winners will receive a winner logo after winners are announced at the 2015 Conference.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
The winner in each category will be announced at the Industry Awards Presentation at the Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow on March 10, 2015 in Las Vegas.
Please read over the following rules carefully as they have changed this year.
1. The nomination process is now gone and each company or individual is directly responsible for completing and submitting an entry for the 2015 awards.
2. The entry fee is $40 per entry.
3. Entries must contain work that took place between October 2013 and October 2014.
4. At least one high-resolution photograph MUST be included to support each event entry (300 dpi).
5. Three letters of recommendation are required from work submitted. They can be from the client or another creative partner. In the case of Rising Stars, a letter from an employer can be used.
6. Entries will begin being accepted online in October.
7. Deadline for all entries is December 12, 2014.
8. New this year. We now require client contact information, date of event and a strict adherence to all rules.
9. Five finalists in each category will be chosen by the Event Solutions Advisory board, notified and announced in February 2015.
10. Winners will be announced at the Industry Awards Presentation on March 10 at the Catersource and Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow in Las Vegas.
11. One ticket to the award show will be provided to each finalist. Additional attendees may purchase tickets through the Conference registration system.
12. Travel to and from the event is to be paid by the finalist.
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ENTRIES IS DECEMBER 12, 2014.
Important! Event Solutions does not accept liability relating to the validity of any and all photographs submitted. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that appropriate permission or rights have been granted for submitted photographs. By submitting photographs, you grant Event Solutions permission to use in any marketing or promotional materials relating to the Spotlight Awards and/or Event Solutions products.
Event Solutions does not accept liability for entries taking credit for certain work performed. It is the responsibility of the entrant to clarify any and all participation or credit that is or is not due to themselves or others.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com
*To ensure unbiased judging, panel members will be carefully selected to each category, and will be recused from judging any category that may create a conflict of interest.