It's almost time: next week, event pros across the globe will be gathering under the hot Texas sun for Catersource + The Special Event, held in the increasingly popular city of Austin, TX.
While this city was a well-kept secret for a while, recent years have seen it grow in population and tourism. Voted No. 1 place to live in America several years in a row, this booming city is a trendy spot for bachelorette parties and tech startups. It’s also a fantastic foodie spot.
In fact, just last month, several Austin-based restaurants and chefs were listed among this year's James Beard Semifinalists including:
- Tavel Bristol-Joseph, Canje (and Art of Catering Food 2024 keynote speaker!): Best Chef: Texas
- Geoff Ellis, Mum Foods Smokehouse & Delicatessen: Best Chef: Texas
- Joseph Gomez, Con Todo: Best Chef: Texas
- Tracy Malechek-Ezekiel, Birdie's: Best Chef: Texas
- Fermín Nuñez, Suerte: Best Chef: Texas
- Ramen Del Barrio: Best New Restaurant
- Mariela Camacho, Comadre Panadería: Outstanding Pastry Chef or Baker
- Bufalina: Outstanding Wine and Other Beverages Program
Catersource magazine's sister publication Special Events got in touch with a couple of established catering companies in Austin to get the inside scoop on this food scene. Head over to Special Events to find out what you need to know when you arrive for Catersource + The Special Event next week!