Happy National Nacho Day! Nachos have always been a game day staple for football fans across the country, so why not recreate the tastes and smells of a live game from the comfort of your home with these Pigskin BBQ Nachos from the Dairy Alliance. Are you ready for some football?
Pigskin BBQ Nachos with Carolina Slaw
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients for BBQ Nachos
1 (11-ounce) bag tortilla chips
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
1 pound chopped barbecue pork
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Toppings: Carolina Slaw, red onion, jalapeños, cilantro, Tangy White Barbecue Sauce, red barbecue sauce, mustard barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide chips between two lightly greased parchment paper-lined half sheet pans.
- Layer each pan with 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, 1/2 pound pork, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in batches, 12 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top each pan with 1 cup Carolina Slaw and desired toppings.
Ingredients for Carolina Slaw
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
½ teaspoon celery salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (10-ounce) package angel hair cole slaw mix
- Makes 2 cups. Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Chill: 1 hour
- Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and whisk in next five ingredients; pour warm dressing over slaw mix tossing to coat. Chill 1 hour.
Ingredients for Tangy White Barbecue Sauce
1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon celery salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
- A North Alabama classic gets a protein-packed update with Greek style yogurt. Makes 1 1/4 cups. Prep: 5 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.