Don't let Friday the 13th ruin your day. This garlic lime salmon recipe incorporates two foods that can help make sure that your day is full of good luck:
- Garlic: According to myth, garlic does a double duty by warding off not only vampires, but also the evil eye
- Fish: According to Chinse culture, fish is symbolic of abundance
Garlic Lime Salmon
Yield: 8 servings
½ cup canola oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp grated lime zest
2 T lime juice
1 garlic clove
2 salmon fillets (about 1 ½ pounds each)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Place salmon fillets on a broiler pan, skin side down.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
- Brush frequently with onion mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.