Love will be in the air this weekend, so why not bring a little decadence into your Valentin'es Day celebration with something sweet.
Elegance reigns in these exquisite cupcakes from General Mills, which combine a bit of the bubbly with rich devil's food cake and a luscious raspberry-cream cheese icing.
Chocolate Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes
Ingredients for batter
5 cups water, cool
1 cup champagne, cool
1 box Pillsbury Bakers Plus Devils Food Cake Mix
- Pour half of water (2 ½ cups), the champagne and cake mix into mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment.
- Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Add remaining 2 ½ cups water while mixing on low speed; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Mix on low speed 2 additional minutes. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Deposit #16 scoop of batter into paper-lined muffin pans; bake as directed below and allow to cool completely before icing.
Ingredients for icing
6 ½ cups Pillsbury Ready-to-Spread Vanilla Icing
8 cups cream cheese, softened
¼ cup raspberry puree
¼ cup champagne
- Mix icing and cream cheese in mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Add raspberry puree and champagne and mix until well-combined.
- Pipe approx. 2 oz onto completely cooled cupcakes and serve.