The ICA is proud to announce the ICA Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program! The application is now open and looking for individuals from underrepresented groups in the ICA to receive this scholarship. It’s a true honor to be able to provide this for up to 14 individuals. Winners will be able to attend the 2023 Catersource + The Special Event Conference taking place from March 27–30, 2023 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
ICA Diversity & Inclusion Statement: The ICA promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion where all are respected, accepted, and safe.
Requirements and Policies:
- Catering company candidates must be from groups underrepresented in the ICA.
- Candidates must be catering companies and members of the ICA for at least one year.
All winners will be notified by January 13, 2023 if they have won a scholarship.
Scholarship Application: https://ica.memberclicks.net/2023dandischolarshipapplication (ICA login is required to start the application)
Frequently Asked Questions
When can you apply?
Thursday, October 13th, 2022 through January 5th, 2023. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is 11:59 pm ET on January 5, 2023.
When will we be notified of the winners?
All winners will be notified by January 13th if they have won a scholarship.
How many scholarships are awarded?
If my company wins, what happens next?
Winning companies choose one person to attend per company. Once selected, we will need a headshot and short bio of the recipient. They will then be able to attend Catersource 2023. Within 14 days of returning from the event, we request a short 200-word testimonial of their event experience.
What does the scholarship include?
The scholarship is for conference registration ONLY (value up to $835) and does not include airfare or accommodations.
Who can apply?
The business owner is the one that must apply (or upper management). They apply on behalf of the company. The member company can decide who they would like to give the registration to from their company. Only one Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship Application should be completed per company. One conference registration will be given out to each scholarship member company who wins.
Who is eligible?
A catering company is eligible for the ICA Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship if they have been a member of the ICA for over one year and 50% or more of their upper management qualifies as diverse. Upper management includes principals, C-suite managers, senior managers, and directors.
What qualifies as diverse?
Catering companies with 50% or more of upper management from groups underrepresented in the ICA:
- African American
- Asian/Pacific Islander
- American Indian
- People with disabilities
- Woman owned business
How long does it take to apply?
It takes about 60 minutes to apply and includes three short essay questions.
What are the essay questions?
- How will attending the 2023 Catersource + The Special Event Conference support your companies' professional goals? Do not use your company name in your response. (100-200 words)
- Please give a detailed account of diversity and inclusion efforts your company has participated in within the last two to three years both outside your company and within your company. Do not use your company name in your response. (100-200 words)
- How can you help promote the mission of Diversity & Inclusion in the ICA? Do not use your company name in your response.
Can a past company reapply?
Can you apply to both the ICA and ICAEAF Scholarship?
Thank you to our Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Chair: Suzi Shands, Mintahoe Catering & Events
- Jolie Oree-Bailey, Low Country Quisine
- Jeffrey Selden, Marcia Selden Catering & Events
- Jonathan Jennings, CT Wedding Group
- Fausto Pifferrer, Blue Elephant Catering
- Syd Sexton, Catering by Design