The National Society of Black Wedding & Event Professionals (NSBWEP) is pleased to announce the induction of the 2023 National Board of Directors:
- Tara Melvin, Perfect Planning Events, Founder + President
- Brian Green, By Brian Green, Chairman of the Board
- Marc Wilson, The Style Marc, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Nadia Anderson, The Anderson Accounting & Advising Group, Director of Finance
- Shakila Marshall, SML Assisting, Executive Secretary
- Lisa Hunt, Lisa Michelle Designs, Director of Membership
- Aleya Harris, Flourish Marketing, Director of Marketing
- Eric Ellen, EAE Signature Events, Director of Events
Hot Off the Presses
The Adrienne Arsht Center is proud to announce the opening of its new full-service bistro, Accent Café led by the food and beverage experts of Constellation Culinary Group (CCG). Accent Café welcomes theater-lovers to grab a bite before their show with a selection of quick and easy ready-to-go boxes, an artisanal sandwich selection, house-made pastries and a variety of snacks. The quick service café will open two hours before all shows in the Ziff Ballet Opera house and can be a location for special events and gatherings as it can accommodate buyouts for up to 40 guests. This meeting space can hold intimate events prior to a performance for corporate team building activities, birthday celebrations, anniversaries and more.
People on the Move
D’Amico & Partners, a leading restaurant and catering operator in the Twin Cities and Naples, Florida, today announced the appointment of Geoff Lamden-Stout as executive chef of D’Amico Catering. Chef Lamden-Stout joined D’Amico Catering as chef de cuisine in 2018, bringing extensive culinary experience to the table. Before his time with the D’Amico & Partners catering division, he held positions at many lauded Twin Cities restaurants, including chef de cuisine at French Meadow Bakery & Café, sous chef at Meritage, and chef della cucina at Terzo restaurant and wine bar. In his time at D’Amico Catering, Lamden-Stout has led menu development for several award-winning events across the Twin Cities. As executive chef, he will oversee all kitchen operations for D’Amico Catering’s eleven exclusive venues as well as all off-premise catering.