Maybe you’ve had the opportunity to experience a few ICA webinars before or have even presented. If not, this is a friendly reminder that these webinars are a major benefit for all ICA members. Many of your professional catering peers strive to solve problems you may experience on a daily basis. Webinars allow them to put their findings in a cohesive format that they can share with others who might benefit.
Anyone who just attended Catersource 2019 in New Orleans may have experienced new learning in real time. For those who were unable to attend or are having are hard time making it out to such events, this is where a web-based presentation would come in handy. Webinars offer continuing education that helps keep your understanding of the industry fresh and current as well as inspires ideas.
Members can log in to view these past webinars at any time. Here are some of our more recent favorites:
Best Practices for Food Costs & Pricing – From February 2019
Panelists Adam Gooch, Common Plea Catering Company; Lon Lane, Lon Lane’s Inspired Occasions; Jennifer Perna, Fulton Market Consulting; Megan Palmer Rivera, Palmer’s Catering & Events; and Clint Elkins, SB Value; Moderator: Frank Christian, Taylored Hospitality Solutions
• Top tips for developing menu pricing with sustainability in mind
• Best practices for reducing and negotiating costs while maintaining quality
• How to utilize the culinary team to help better educate the sales team on food cost and menu pricing
How to Set, Catch and Release Interns from Your Company – From August 2018
Steve Sanchez, The JDK Group and Alanna Kelly, The JDK Group
You’ll learn how to:
• Start the overwhelming process of finding the interns
• Use the best “bait” to lure the interns into your company
• Create the best tools for your internships
• Ensure your interns leave your company happy, full of knowledge and ready to go back into the harsh waters (otherwise known as the real world)
How to Get Creative During a Staff Shortage – From May 2018
Marissa Delgado and Becky McIntyre, Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering
• Tips in the kitchen to cut labor and retain staff
• How a chef-made mentorship program for servers has changed the company culture and service
• What a “typical” work week looks like when implementing shared staff
We’re always looking to add to our library of webinars. Take a peek at what’s next in the lineup:
Onboarding New Employees: What Works
Syd Sexton By Design Collective in July 2019
• In previous years, Design Collective experienced high turnover and a serious staff shortage. With a complete revamp of their onboarding core process, they have significantly reduced staffing concerns and eliminated the need for a staffing partner. This webinar will outline the path for a new team member from screening to hire to long term success.
Every year, the ICA participates in the annual Catersource Conference & Tradeshow and the Art of Catering Food (AOCF). It’s for anyone who’s looking for new culinary techniques, trending ingredients, food costing and more! We hope to see you in Las Vegas for Catersource 2020!
To read more about the history of the association, click here.