LAS VEGAS, NV — November 2, 2017 – Catersource, the world’s premier educational resource and expansive network for the catering and events industry, today reveals details for its 2018 conference program. The diverse lineup of featured speakers headlining include David Rich, certified speaking professional and author; Christopher Sayegh, founder and CEO at The Herbal Chef; Meryl Snow, speaker, sales trainer and consultant; Eric Levine, chef and partner at Epic Ideas; and Michael Levin, CEO at Custom Solutions Inc. The conference will deliver more than 100 educational sessions designed to provide catering and event professionals with the latest trends and takeaways that will drive business, boost creativity and enhance leadership skills in an increasingly competitive and evolving industry.
The 2018 conference will take place February 18–20, 2018 at Caesars Palace, and the tradeshow with educational sessions will take place February 20–21, 2018 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Art of Catering Food (AOCF) will be collocated with Catersource from February 18 – 21, 2018. For additional information please visit: https://conference.catersource.com/
“This year’s featured speakers were selected to spark change, renewed vision, and excitement for catering and culinary professionals,” said Kathleen Stoehr, director of community and content strategy, Catersource, who curates all live education for both Catersource and the Art of Catering Food. “Our speakers are experts representing some of the most important industry trends today: how to retain and motivate top employees; how to connect with clients to sell better and more effectively; restaurants moving into the field of catering to add another area of revenue growth; and then of course—the interest in cannabis as it relates to the food experience is huge.”
The 2018 Featured Speakers include:
- Christopher Sayegh, CEO/Head Chef, The Herbal Chef LLC: This former science and biology student turned to the chemistry of food and herbs to feed his creativity, and pioneered cannabis-infused fine dining. In his presentation, “Culinary Cannabis: The New Frontier” Christopher will summarize the common misconceptions of cooking and infusing food with cannabis and how it can be used to enhance the experience of fine dining and catering. He will also demo CBD extraction, something chefs are very interested in learning.
- David Rich, President, Rich Ideas: Today’s customers are more sophisticated than ever before with various resources at their fingertips; however, they’re also more budget-conscious, which means the selling process needs to evolve. Join David Rich in his session, “How to Sell Profitability to a Budget Conscious Customer” to learn how to sell to today’s ultra-price-conscious customer.
- Eric LeVine, Chef and Partner, Epic Ideas: Feeding off his long-lasting passion for testing and tasting recipes, this former Chopped Champion will show attendees how they can ignite creativity in the kitchen and enhance current menu selections. Eric will also discuss the nuts and bolts of making a catering business more profitable and key strategies for converting restaurant clientele into catering clientele.
- Meryl Snow, Speaker, Sales Trainer, Consultant, SnowStorm Solutions: With over 28 years of experience in the special event and catering industry, Meryl has helped clients reach their goals and increase sales with specific training techniques. In this three-hour workshop, Meryl will dive into sales techniques that will help and grow a business.
- Michael Levin, Keynote Speaker & CEO, Custom Solutions: Using life lessons and examples from his 30 years as an entrepreneur, executive, consultant and coach, Michael will share his secrets and tips to owners and executives regarding how he created an entrepreneurial environment that drove critical company initiatives within his own business, and the tools needed to empower a team.
Apply for a Media Pass: Please email [email protected] with your request and credentials.
Top sponsors of Catersource 2018 include: Platinum Sponsors include: American Metalcraft, Inc. Cambro, Sterno Products, US Foods, WNA; Gold Sponsors include: Front Of The House, Inc., Roland Foods, Sabert, StaffMate Online; Silver Sponsors include: EMI Yoshi, Inc., TableCraft, Waring Commercial Products. For all sponsorship opportunities, visit: ubm.io/sponsorships2018.
Connect with Catersource #catersource
Catersource is the world’s premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource’s live education also extends itself into the digital world year-round, with rich editorial content in its e-newsletter products, its website www.catersource.com, and in its annual January show issue, printed and mailed to over 30,000 industry influencers. Catersource is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.