LAS VEGAS, NV — February 20, 2018 – Catersource, the world’s premier educational resource and expansive network for the catering and events industry, in conjunction with Achievement in Catering & Events (ACE) Awards and International Catering Association (ICA) Catered Arts Through Innovative Excellence (CATIE) Awards, honored and recognized several industry leaders across the catering and events community. Keith Lord, director of operations and culinary at The Wild Thyme Company, was selected as the first-ever recipient of the ACE Editor’s Choice award. Winners for each award category were honored during Catersource 2018 Spark! Awards Gala, which took place February 19, 2018 at Caesars Palace.
Achievement in Catering & Events (ACE) Award Winners: These awards honor and recognize caterers and event planners from around the globe who have worked tirelessly to keep clients thrilled and their companies on the cutting edge.
· ACE Editor’s Choice: Keith Lord, The Wild Thyme Company
· Catering, East Region, Operations Over 2 Million: Blue Plate Catering
· Catering, West Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Sodexo at the Hollywood Bowl
· Catering, West Region, Operations Over 2 Million: Santa Barbara Catering
· Catering, East Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Partyman Catering & Rentals
· Events, East Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Jaclyn Watson Events
· Events, East Region, Operations Over 2 Million: Sodexo Museum of Science and Industry
· Events, West Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Kristin Banta Events
· Catering International: Cocktails & Canapes Catering
· Events, West Region, Operations Over 2 Million: CL22 Productions Inc.
ICA Catered Arts Through Innovative Excellence (CATIE) Award Winners: Presented by the International Caterers Association (ICA), these awards recognize exemplary culinary production at an event.
· Best Barbeque: Vicky Crease Catering
· Best Buffet: Catering by Michael’s, Inc.
· Best Celebration Cake: LUX Catering and Events
· Best Dessert: LUX Catering and Events
· Best Food Trend Incorporation: Vicky Crease Catering
· Best Hors d’oeuvre: Blue Plate Catering
· Best Main Course Plate Presentation: Culinary Crafts
· Best Plated Menu: Daniel et Daniel
· Best Tablescape Design: LUX Catering and Events
· Caterer of the Year: 24 Carrots
· Chef of Year: 24 Carrots, Jimmy Olang
· Innovative Mixology: Vicky Crease Catering
· Signature Caterer For Best Event: Vicky Crease Catering
· Signature Caterer For Best Multiple Day Event: Catering By Design (CO)
· Signature Caterer For Best Wedding: A Taste of Elegance Catering
Catersource 2019 will be held in New Orleans, LA from February 24 – 27, 2019.
Connect with Catersource #catersource
Top sponsors of Catersource 2018 include: Platinum Sponsors include: American Metalcraft, Inc. Cambro, Nowsta Inc., Sterno Products, US Foods, WNA; Gold Sponsors include: Barilla America, Front Of The House, Inc., Roland Foods, Sabert, Sparktacular, StaffMate Online; Silver Sponsors include: EMI Yoshi, Inc., TableCraft, Total Party Planner, Waring Commercial Products.
Catersource is the world’s premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource’s live education also extends itself into the digital world year-round, with rich editorial content in its e-newsletter products, its website www.catersource.com, and in its annual January show issue, printed and mailed to over 30,000 industry influencers. Catersource is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.