2 lb. Leftover Frozen Strawberries (Or Strawberries that are about to go bad)
4 tsp. Honey
.15 oz. Dried Hibiscus Flowers
2 tsp. Sugar
.6 Tbl. Light Corn Syrup
6 oz. Brie Cheese
1 oz. Strawberry Crispies (For Garnish)
1 oz. Micro Basil (For Garnish)
Strawberry Hibiscus Fruit Roll
- Take greens off of strawberries and slice in half. Combine strawberries with the dried hibiscus flowers (in a sachet) and simmer in a pot on medium heat until strawberries have softened.
- Discard sachet. Transfer mixture to a blender and mix in honey, sugar, and light corn syrup.
- Blend until smooth and strain through fine mesh strainer.
- Line a 1/4 sheet pan with parchment and spray with non-stick pan spray and wipe away excess oil.
- Ladle approximately 9 oz of the mix onto the 1/4 sheet pans and tilt pan to spread evenly.
- Dehydrate at 135*F for approximately 4 hours or until set.
- Trim the white off the Brie and transfer to a mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Mix Brie until soft and pliable
- Peel fruit leather from pan and spread an even layer of Brie on one whole side of the fruit leather.
- Cut into 1 1/4" x 3" strips and roll into pin wheels
- Pack extra whipped Brie in a piping bag
-Dot whipped brie on top with micro basil and sprinkle of Strawberry Crispies.