Broiled Persimmons with Mascarpone
September 17, 2013
Yield: 4 servings
4 ripe persimmons
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Crystallized ginger or turbinado sugar (optional)
- Mascarpone Mixture
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Heat broiler, with rack 6 inches from heat. Slice persimmons in half crosswise. Place halves cut side up in a baking dish, and drizzle each half with honey. Broil until tops are golden brown and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately drizzle 1 tablespoon lime juice over the tops.
2. While persimmons are broiling, whisk together mascarpone, vanilla, and remaining tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl. Serve persimmons hot, each half topped with a dollop of mascarpone mixture and sprinkled with ginger or sugar, if desired.
Recipe provided by Martha Stewart Living
Get Fresh September 2013