Yield: 24 appetizers
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, only
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur
- 12 large dried California Calimyrna figs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped salted almonds
- 24 small mint leaves; for garnish
1. Mix yogurt, zest, chopped thyme, and liqueur together until smooth; set aside.
2. Remove stems and cut figs in half lengthwise.
3. Divide and spoon scant tablespoons of yogurt mixture onto cut side of each fig half.
4. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and garnish with mint sprigs.
5. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe provided by California Figs