UBM CATERSOURCE LLC
Effective: June 8, 2015
Please note that you may choose to publish your personal information and your views in various of our online venues, for example, online communities, or in apps offered at our events. This Policy does not protect your public disclosures.
Information We Collect About You
We collect the following data about you:
- Information you give us about yourself, including data about you when you register for or subscribe to any of our events, services or resources, register with us through a UBM Catersource site or contact us directly.
- Once you register we create an account for you, adding data about how you use and interact with our events, products, services, resources and email campaigns.
- We may supplement the information you give us with data from social media websites or from other sources.
We also use common Internet data collection technologies to collect data: We use "cookies" and associated web beacons. A cookie is simply a piece of code which is placed on your personal computer to recognize the computer as it accesses our websites. Many cookies are not "personal" cookies in that they are not associated with you as an identified individual.
- We recognize or verify who is accessing our websites or content areas that require registration and so, may place "personal" cookies on your pc. We may also use this cookie to understand your interests and send you information about third parties that we think will have additional information relevant to your interests.
- Some but not all of our websites include online advertising. Cookies are also used to serve such advertising or content. We allow other companies, called third party ad servers, to serve ads that appear on our sites or are shown to you as you visit other sites as well. Please see the information under "Your Choices" for details about online advertising.
- We use a cookie which identifies you to offer a shopping cart on our web sites.
Finally, we collect log data, including IP, or Internet Protocol, addresses used to access our websites, and other routine information about your browser and pc capabilities. We use this data to administer our systems. We or third party ad servers may use the information to limit the number of times you see a particular ad, to target information or ads on a geographic basis or to display ads in the format best matched to your pc's capabilities. We do not associate this log and technical capabilities data with your account in the routine course of our business.
How We Use Information About You
Our primary business is to organize events and communities and provide respected information for catering and event professionals. We use data about you as an individual to:
- Provide the events, services, and resources you request and manage your account.
- Manage the services, particularly registration for certain websites, which require us to know who you are when you are online.
- Display or deliver content, ours and other companies’, to you based on your professional needs and interests.
- Contact you by email and postal mail about offerings from our business partners directed to your professional interests and areas of specialization. Please note that these emails may list either us or the partner in the "from" line. In either case, your name and contact information are not disclosed to the partner unless and until you contact or respond to the partner directly.
- Invite you to participate in surveys and professional discussions.
- To offer you the opportunity to connect with your colleagues and with other companies that may be of interest to you.
- To publish the names of speakers and attendees at our face to face events.
- Any other purpose which we disclose when you give the information to us.
You have a choice about and control over the following:
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes.
In addition to providing you with our own content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and product information. When you choose to take advantage of that content or information, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred to that other company. We will put you in direct contact with other companies when you choose to:
- Access sponsored or co-sponsored content on those portions of our websites that require registration.
- Register for a specific webinar, newsletter, online resource, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by another company.
- Register for or attend a special sponsored sessions at a face to face event.
Making information you provide public.
- Some of our sites allow you to publish your comments in response to blogs or articles. You must register for such sites.
- Some of the apps offered at our events may allow you to publish information for other attendees who use the app or on our web pages.
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
To remove your name from our email marketing lists, please follow the directions at the bottom of an email you receive from us. If you have any trouble doing so, please contact us at [email protected]
Whether your account information is up to date.
Please help us keep your account current.
- You may update your name, contact information, credentials, and specializations at any time by
o submitting updated information as you register for something you have not used before,
o returning to a registration page you have used and following the directions there, or
o sending us an email at [email protected]
To cancel or update subscriptions to print publications call the number listed in the magazine or go here: http://eforms.kmpsgroup.com/jointforms/Forms/Subscription.aspx?pubcode=catr
Deleting or disabling cookies.
You may use the tools in your Internet browser to delete cookies, ours as well as any other company's, at any time.
- We use third party analytics cookies on our sites to measure traffic and readership. These cookies do not identify you as an individual but do provide us with valuable aggregate information about what is useful to you on our sites.
- We will not be able to offer you the convenience of a shopping cart on our web site unless you allow the cookie which enables it.
- You have a choice to accept our "persistent" cookies which are set if you choose automatic recognition for registration-only websites. If you disable that cookie for any particular registration-only site, you may still access that site but will need to enter your name and password each time.
Some but not all of our websites include online ads served by third parties. We also use third part ad servers to display our ads to you as you visit other websites, a practice known as retargeting. We do not control the cookies that other companies and their third party ad servers use to display ads to you on our websites.
- We currently use AdRoll [https://www.adroll.com/about/privacy] to serve retargeted ads. Please visit their website for more information about the technologies they use, their privacy practices, and the choices offered.
- Many of the third party ad serving companies that may serve ads to our websites are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/). The NAI offers useful information and a single place to turn off ad serving from all its members.
Online advertising technologies and practices, including behavioral advertising, are evolving. We may add to this list of third party servers from time to time without changing the effective date on this policy. Please check here periodically.
Disclosure of Information About You
We do not otherwise disclose information about you to others except:
- to investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our services,
- in the interests of public health.
- to protect our assets or rights,
- in response to valid legal process,
- to vendors that process data on our behalf, or
- as part of a merger or an acquisition by or other transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
Children Under 13
Our services are directed to catering and allied professionals. Our websites and services are not intended for children 13 or under.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Changes to This Policy
We may change the provisions of this policy from time to time and urge you to check back here periodically. Your continued use of any of the websites or pages within the scope of this policy will be your acceptance of the version of the policy in place at the time of your visit.
If you have questions about this policy or its use, please contact us at [email protected]. UBM Catersource LLC
2 Penn Plaza 15th Floor
New York, NY 10021